Looking for a place to call home? Glendale Springs NC real estate should be at the top of your list! This charming unincorporated community is located in the heart of the North Carolina mountains, and offers an array of activities and amenities for residents. Whether you’re looking for a place to retire or raise a family, Glendale Springs is definitely worth considering. Here’s everything you need to know about this wonderful town!
Where Is Glendale Springs?
Located just minutes from the famous Blue Ridge Parkway, Glendale Springs is nestled in the central northeast of North Carolina just 20 minutes or so from the neighboring towns of Jefferson and West Jefferson. Glendale Springs is tucked in the heart of the Appalachian Mountains near the south fork of New River, and it is located in Ashe County.
What Is the Median Home Cost in Glendale Springs?
While Glendale Springs enjoys a lower-than-average unemployment rate and a notably lower cost of living than the United States average, the median cost for a home in this area is around $232,000.
What Is the Weather Like in Glendale Springs?
Glendale Springs, NC is located 3,074 feet above sea level in the Appalachian Mountains. Because of its altitude, many agree that the summer months are the most comfortable, as they bring warmth without being overbearingly hot like other places in North Carolina. Winter is generally considered less comfortable due to the snow and rain, of which Glendale Springs averages 21.7 inches and 50.7 inches respectively. The average high in July is about 82°F, while the average low in January is about 20°F.
Is Glendale Springs a Good Place to Live?
Glendale Springs is an excellent place to retire or to raise a family, with many options for public schools in the surrounding area and even some private ones as well. If you are interested in a quiet, small town mountain lifestyle, then Glendale Springs is the perfect place for you to come enjoy the natural beauty that Appalachia has to offer.
What Is There to Do in Glendale Springs?
While there’s no shortage of hiking, mountain biking, kayaking, or other outdoor opportunities in this area of North Carolina, there are many other things to celebrate about Glendale Springs as well. Some of the quaint mountain town’s top attractions include:
1. The Blue Ridge Parkway: This iconic, breathtakingly scenic drive offers nearly 470 miles of jaw-dropping views throughout its expanse, spanning from North Carolina’s Nantahala National Forest up into Virginia near Charlottesville. Whether you plan to drive, hike, bike, or camp along the Blue Ridge Parkway, there is something to enjoy for every outdoor enthusiast and those interested in local flora and fauna.
2. The Museum of Ashe County History: Placed on the National Register of Historic Places, the Museum of Ashe County History is located in the County Courthouse building, dating all the way back to 1904. Guests can peruse fixed or rotating exhibits dedicated to Ashe County’s history, starting with the history of the very building itself. Don’t miss out on the gift shop of local artisan wares on your way out!
3. Ashe County Cheese: If you are a cheese fan, you’ll have to stop by Ashe County Cheese! This cheese plant offers visitors a behind-the-scenes glimpse at how the cheese is made and offers a variety of different cheeses, wines, and fudge at their gift shop.
4. Tweetsie Railroad: This wild west-themed amusement park offers family fun for kids of all ages! With a rotating calendar of special events ranging from railroad heritage celebrations to canine athletics, guests can feed the animals at the deer zoo, seek thrills on the amusement park rides, or dine at one of the local establishments.
5. The Church of the Frescoes: Painted in the European Renaissance style of a fresco by American artist Ben Long, Holy Trinity Episcopal Church (or the Church of the Frescoes) attracts thousands of visitors each year to view the stunning artwork within, including an interpretation of The Last Supper.
Glendale Springs NC Real Estate with High Country Realty
If you are looking for a quaint mountain community to retire or raise a family within, you may consider Glendale Springs NC real estate. It’s hard to beat summer in the Appalachian Mountains, though the spectacular views from the Blue Ridge Parkway can be seen year-round. Especially if you love art, Appalachian music and history, outdoor adventures, and small-town vibes, Glendale Springs could be your next dreamy mountain destination.
Looking for Glendale Springs, NC real estate for sale? Contact High Country Realty today, or browse local listings now!